You can fundraise for your volunteer project and below are lots of tips and idea’s on how to do this.
Firstly, consider the good you’ll be doing while on your wildlife conservation volunteer programme and the benefits you’ll obtain from your project in your future life and career.
Secondly, shout about the good your chosen volunteer project will achieve!
Why not start a blog to tell people about what you are doing and how they can donate to the cause. You could then continue this blog whilst at your placement to give all your followers up to the minute exciting snippets of your work and project achievements.
Who out there doesn’t use some kind of social network to keep in touch with friends and family so use it to announce what you are doing and why! Set up a Paypal account and ask people for donations, however small, it will add up.
Local newspapers, magazines and radio stations
They are often on the look out for stories with local interest so why not contact them. Its great publicity for you and a great story for them. Emphasize all the fantastic things you’ll be doing and include contact info and details of how to donate.
There are so many events you could organise or ideas you could come up with to raise funds! Here are just a few to get you started;
• Car boot sale
• Raffle – you could even approach local businesses to donate prizes, for example, a haircut, few bottles of wine, chocolate.
• Cake Sale
• Organise a BBQ, themed evening, ball or dance and charge an entrance fee
• Set up a car wash one weekend
• Organise a Ceilidh
• Approach community groups for example, Rotary, Lions, Unions, Womens Institute, for sponsorship, especially if you offer to give a presentation when you return from your project.
• Holiday Season – make and sell cards, themed cakes, biscuits and candy
• Sponsored event – run a marathon, shave your head, sit in silence for an hour, swim
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.